Eating In Eating Out
Norfolk celebrates a fine array of fabulous local food producers and purveyors each year in September at the annual Norfolk Food Festival. You can sample the delights on offer locally during your stay at Rookery Farm – whether you choose to eat in or out.
All properties have well-equipped kitchens with everything you need but should you choose to eat out, you will be spoilt for choice.
Here are just some suggestions for shopping and eating – all located in the immediate surroundings.
Places to Shop
- Back to the Garden – Farmshop and Deli/butcher counter offering organic meat, fruit, veg and bread. Also café/restaurant with lovely garden for summertime. Located on A148 just west of Letheringsett. www.back-to-the-garden.co.uk Tel: 01263 715996
- Wiveton Hall & Café – Fruit farm offering PYO/picked fruit and some veg in season. Café with fabulous views over the marshes. Open Easter to October. Between Cley and Blakeney on the coast road. www.wivetonhall.co.uk Tel: 01263 740525
- Cley Smokehouse – selling all kinds of smoked fish. In Cley Next the Sea. Tel: 01263 740282
- Picnic Fayre – award winning deli – perfect for packing a fabulous picnic. In Cley Next the Sea. www.picnic-fayre.co.uk Tel: 01263 740587
- North Norfolk Fish Company – Fresh fish shop in Holt. www.northnorfolkfish.co.uk Tel: 01263 711913
- Bakers & Larners – located in Holt high street and selling a wide range of foodstuffs, in house butcher Graves of Briston. www.bakersandlarners.com Tel: 01263 712323
- Byfords Café – excellent deli also sells selection of prepared meals and fresh baked bread/cakes. Café/restaurant for meals. www.byfords.org.uk Tel: 01263 714816
- P & S Butchers – excellent butcher/game dealer. Located in Bull Street, Holt
Places to Eat
- Holkham Victoria – near Holkham beach/Holkham Hall. Good for lunch after a bracing walk on Holkham beach. www.holkham.co.uk/victoria Tel: 01328 713230
- The Globe Inn – Wells Next the Sea – Good food in this bustling seaside town. www.theglobeatwells.co.uk Tel: 01328 710206
- White Horse Hotel – Blakeney, Well suited to families. www.blakeneywhitehorse.co.uk Tel: 01263 740574
- Wiveton Bell – in village of Wiveton. Bright and buzzing, gastro pub www.wivetonbell.co.uk Tel: 01263 740101
- Kings Head, Letheringsett – www.kingsheadnorfolk.co.uk Tel: 01263 712691
- Morston Hall – in Morston village. Michelin star restaurant/hotel. www.morstonhall.com Tel: 01263 741041
- Cookies Crab Shop – in Salthouse on coast road. Serving crabs, lobster and variety of local smoked fish. Very rustic. Tel: 01263 740352
- The Wheatsheaf – in West Beckham and within walking distance. Tel: 01263 822110
- Red Hart – in the next door village of Bodham and within walking distance. Tel: 01263 588270
- Saracens Head – in the village of Wolterton. Free house with good home cooked food. www.saracenshead-norfolk.co.uk Tel: 01263 768909
- The Buckinghamshire Arms – Blickling. Bustling pub, interesting food adjacent to National Trust’s Blickling Hall. www.bucksarms.co.uk Tel: 01263 732133
- The Walpole Arms – Itteringham. Cosy country pub with fabulous food using fresh local ingredients. www.thewalpolearms.co.uk Tel: 01263 587258
- Rocky Bottoms – Runton. Fresh seafood cafe/restaurant right on the coast. Keeping things fresh, simple and local – from pot to plate! www.rockybottoms.co.uk Tel:01263 837359
Fish & Chips
- Roughton Fish & chips – Tel: 01263 761289
- Mary Janes, Cromer. Tel: 01263 511208
- No 1, Cromer. Tel: 01263 512316 – Owned by Michelin Star Chef Galton Blackiston
- Sea Fare, Sheringham. Tel: 01263 822297
- Lotus House – Chinese take away in Sheringham. Tel: 01263 822764
- Labone – Indian take away in Sheringham. Tel 01263 821120
- Holt – Budgens – centrally placed with parking.
- Cromer –Morrisons – large supermarket on the edge of town.
- Sheringham – Sainsburys, Budgens and Co-op – all small stores in town centre. Large Tesco with parking.
- Fakenham – Tesco – in the town centre and Morrisons on the outskirts.
Most major supermarkets deliver to Rookery Farm – delivery postcode is NR25 6NN.